Saturday, October 8, 2011

Serenity Now!

Mom

MOM

MOM!


MOM!!!


"But mooooommmm!"
But mom nothing.
God grant me the serenity


"He started it!"
Well dont make me finish it.
To accept the things I cannot change


"He said booty!"
Once again, booty is NOT a bad word.
courage to change the things I can


"He took my sword/truck/nerf gun/toolbox/book/etc."
If you don't give it back I'll make it mine.
and the wisdom to know the difference.


I've finally sent the children to breakfast with Grandpa.
Where they can argue over sugar packets and crayons.
And someone else can handle it for an hour.

Its been a looooong week with Collin being grounded from all things electronic. This means he has more free time to torture his brother. And he looks less busy so his brother can torture him also.
I've literally be reciting the serenity prayer in my head in a continuous loop for 3 days now.
The weather has been beautiful one more time so instead of fighting in the house, they can argue outside also.
Over dirt, and bricks, and whose pet worm that is.

I'm taking an hour to sit on the patio, with a cup of coffee and Wilson the dog, to soak up the quiet. No one is yelling my name, or throwing clean laundry on the floor, or attempting to eat 8 popcicles in the time it takes me to use the bathroom.

Its amazing what little things can make a world of difference after a week like this.

(Brotherly torture in progress)


2 comments:

Rj and Emily said...

Who woulda thought that torture could involve a lake and a tube

my thrifty closet said...

This is a funny post, at the same time, so comforting. Funny cuz though we come from different parts of the world, we are facing the same scenarios everyday with our kids, I have two boys and they're fighting over everything all the time too. And sometimes I become like a crazy mommy, yelling and stomping my feet till I'm so disgusted with myself. Ha...thank you for this post, it reminds me to pray and seek God's presence.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following. Following back!

love,mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Post a Comment