Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy List/Happy Day

Photobucket


My entire Friday was one big happy list and was exactly what I needed.
I had a sister date!

About 11am, after a good solid cup of coffee, morning cry, and shower, I ran up the stairs and pounded on my sisters bedroom door.
"Do you work today?"
"No..." She looked suspicious.
"What are you doing in the next hour?"
"Nothing...." Still suspicious
"In the next two hours?"
"Nothing..." She was finally sitting up in bed.
"Do you want to go to the brewery for lunch and a beer?"
"Ok. I just need to..."
I cut her off "Im having a bad morning and I need to get out and do somethingandyouknowhowhummusmakesmefeelbetternottomentionbeer..." Im rambling like a nut.
"I SAID I'LL GO NOW GET OUT SO I CAN SHOWER!"
Got it, Got it, Got it.

Sister date is ON.

So we headed to the brewery downtown and had our fill of yummy food, and a beer each. Any more than one of those beers and neither of us was going to be fit to drive.

After our long girl talks about men(mostly her boyfriend), my overwhelming fear of having to start dating again one day(not anytime soon), and Targets sale(whoa, 75% off anyone?) I decided that our day shouldnt be done quite yet.

We moved onto Thrift shopping. I was on a mission to find brown boots.
3 hours later I didnt have any brown boots, but I did have a sweater, a jean jacket, and 2 pairs of pants.... the smallest sizes I've worn in probably 4 years easily.

When the store we were in started announcing that they were closing we realized we were supposed to be at a Birthday dinner that night to celebrate grandmas 90th birthday so we high tailed it out. We decided it would be easiest for us to meet our family rather than ride with them so we set off.
40 minutes later(and running right on time) Jess looked over at me and said "You know, no one ever told me where we were going to dinner. I just assumed the tresselstop since thats where we go every year."
*cue the crickets chirping*
"Um, I never asked where dinner was since I planned on riding with our parents. I thought you knew.
*cue hysterical laughter followed by me dialing our parents number*
Our dad informed me that we were headed in the completely wrong direction, in the wrong town, headed to the wrong restaurant.
We finally made it to the right restaurant about 25 minutes later, and about 20 minutes late. We had dinner, cake, played a game, and me and Jess won a beautiful prize basket from World Market.
We ended our night by meeting up with one of my friends for a drink before limping home at 1am completely exhausted.

It was exactly the kind of day with my sister that I so badly needed.

One another Happy List note, I dropped another 2 pounds.
I need to start running though. Help me motivate to get on the treadmill.

5 comments:

Mamarazzi said...

sounds like a perfect day. i love my sisters, they cure what ails me every time!

thanks so much for joining in and linking up your happy list. i would la la la loooove it if you enabled your email. did you know that when you leave a comment on someone's blog and it goes to their email they cannot reply to you? there is a "no-reply comment" where your email could be. i promise that if you change that your blogging experience will get even better. you may habe noticed my little bloggy revolution going on now. join in, enable your email address and ask your bloggy friends to do the same and you could win something pretty cool.

in the mean time...if you want to change it on your blog....just go to your dashboard, click edit profile, click the little show email box and then click save profile. easy.

blogging is about to get even better my friend!

Tammy said...

I have a sister too and I miss spending time with her. She lives about an hour away so I don't get to see her often. Your day sounds fantastic!

I wanted to let you know that you have been chosen as our co-host for Thursday's Friends Cafe with Deb from Menopausal New Mom and myself. We would love to have you join us...please let me know ASAP...tammystwocents@q.com.

Happy Weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a WONDERFUL day! Don't you just love those Sister Dates? I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Any day that starts with a beer and end with a party, with shopping in between, sounds like the good life to me.

Unknown said...

Yay for happy list! I loved the rambling you did, that's something I find myself doing all the time andgivingtoomuchinformationthenforgettingtobreath! I don't have a sister but could use a good friend date. Hummus and beer? Yum!

Unknown said...

YAY on the weight loss and the day with your sister. Sometimes that is all we need to make the day a better one. Enjoy your week!

Post a Comment