Saturday, February 12, 2011

Studying Woes

I'm not a math girl.

Numbers are scary to me.

I don't care what x is and I don't know why anyone else does. Honestly.

This week I started studying for my ASVAB which is the standardized test the military gives you to see what kind of stuff your good at, or if they should even let you in.
I decided that since I'm not 18 and fresh out of highschool I should probably brush up a little.

Reading Comprehension?
Psh, nailed it.

World Knowledge?
Whatevz, soo in the bag.

General Science?
I'm a biological science master.

Mathematics Knowledge?
.......

Its just Algebra right? I took algebra. In like the 8th grade.
All this stuff looks familiar. These equations look like something Ive seen before.
Quadratics?
Distributive Properties?
What?

I sat for 2 hours last night reading and taking notes and trying to figure out what the Hell was going on in these pages of the book I have. They arnt even asking me to know that much Algebra even.
But I kept letting every little thing distract me.

"Was that a snowplow outside? I'll go watch."
"I think I just heard one of the kids out of bed. Must check."
"The peacefully sleeping dog looks like he needs to be put outside right away!"

The snowplow was gone even before I was out of my seat.
The kids were sound asleep.
The dog looked really annoyed when I dragged him outside for no reason.

So Ive designated Monday as my buckle down and learn it or else day.
I have the feeling this is going to be a long and painful process unless this stuff starts coming back to me, QUICK.




p.s. Scale said 142 this morning. I don't think I believe that.

p.s.s. Giveaway is still going until tomorrow. Go Enter.

3 comments:

Asha said...

I'm no good at math either. Good luck taking the ASVAB. I took it YEARS ago and I got a 55. Then, I got pregnant and didn't join.
http://www.ashafullife.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i don't like numbers either . i only like to count my $$ . lol

Mamarazzi said...

oh math is a huge issue for me!! i was never good at it, at all!

Post a Comment