Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Forced Man Thrifting

"Get up! Get up! Get up!" I sang as I bounced on the bed next to Prince Charming.

"UUuuggghhhh....." He moaned half awake.

"Come on! I want to go get coffee and go to Goodwill. PU-LEASE COME WITH ME!"

"UGH ugh ugh" He was making his morning noises. "Ok ok...*unintelligible mumbling* pants."

"Huh?" I said scrunching up my face.

"I'll be down in a minute."

"Yay!" I yelled jumping off the bed and running down the stairs.

"We have to stop at my moms too." He called after me.

We finally made it to the car and I secured us 2 steamy cups of black coffee at the nearest gas station before we were officially on our way.

"Where did you want to go?" He asked, clutching his paper cup of coffee.

"I was thinking the Goodwill on Lakewood because its HUGE. Even though its always full of the naughtiest little kids EVAR. The one on South Washington is good and the employees are nice but its sooooo small." I said, rambling.

I could feel him rolling his eyes next to me. Rolling them Hard.

"Have you been to Bibles for Mexico? Lakewood is always so picked over and Bibles for Mexico is right around the corner at this next light."

"I guess I can try that." I said. "My stepdad always talks about how much he likes it."

He gave me some directions and we pulled up in front of a large-ish thrift store.

And boy if you like old lady clothes, THIS is the joint for you!

I did manage to get a few things including this red checkered shirt. All while Prince Charming sat in a chair looking very much like he was napping. He didn't look like he was enjoying this.

I may make him go back out with me today and force him to enjoy himself!

The Breakdown: Checkered Shirt;Thrifted Jacket;Thrifted Jeggings;Thrifted Boots;Meijers

Meet Virginia Design

2 comments:

Meagan said...

That's pretty much how the conversation goes every time I try to convince anyone to go thrifting with me. Love the shirt! Thanks for linking up!
-Meagan
www.spunkychateau.com

Unknown said...

You did good to even convince your other half to go thrifting, mine wouldn't dream of it!! Nice outfit!

Post a Comment