Friday, September 23, 2011

One of My Favorite Things

Art.

I love Art.

All kinds of it.

What do I love even more than Art alone?

Watching people enjoy and PARTICIPATE in Art.

Which is why I'm blessed to be able to attend Artprize every year.

ArtPrize® is a radically open competition. Open to any artist in the world who can find space. Open to anybody in Grand Rapids, Michigan who wants to create a venue. Open to a vote from anyone who attends.
For a couple weeks in September Grand Rapids Michigan is overrun with Art. It is literally everywhere you look and sometimes it even jumps out and surprises you. Whats really heartwarming is seeing all the people out exploring a city I love so much. 

I had the opportunity to head downtown on Wednesday to check out some of the art. I spent a couple hours walking around, wandering into gallery's, and even accidentally crashing a "private reception" complete with champagne and hor'derv's.
I could spend hours doing this and never see all of it.






This is a tiny amount of what I saw in 2 short hours on Wednesday. I'm already planning to head back on Monday during the day to see more! Prince Charming and I have plans to meet up after we both see some art, to see more together.
Its an Artprize date.

Really, if you can, find a way to get to GR to check it out. Seriously. We can have a sleepover. Bring your jammies. I'll make popcorn.

But if you cant get here, or you think I'm too weird to have a sleepover with(and no one would blame you for that), at least check it out online.

You wont be sorry.

Maybe I'll even get the chance to post what I wear Monday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment